SolidRock@BatuPejal: Take one more step

Friday, June 24, 2011

Take one more step


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. 
Winston Churchill
When we meet obstacles along the way, there always the tendency to for us to quit. We may think that it’s too difficult to move on and it's to much of a burden to carry on. We may think that our dream is impossible to achieve and we settle for less. But this is the point where we can see the difference between winners and losers. Though both of them face the same difficulties, there is one thing that makes the winners different: the courage to continue.

In difficult situations, I just want to focus on taking one more step forward. I don't even think about how to complete the race. I try not to think about how many more obstacles are waiting for me. I keep telling myself to just focus on taking the next step and reminding myself, it's not how we run the race that counts but whether we cross the finish line and everyone that does is a winner.

I'm also in awe of two people I've come to admire and respect, one a 78 year old man full of life and zest. We were together on a 4D3N fishing trip recently. I admire his courage and his physical strength to last the whole trip. He told me that he's going to continue to fish until his 80 years old and then take the next step. 

Another person I met just turned 60 years old. He climbs mountains every Sunday, trekking 5 to 6 hours everytime. Last week, it was Gunung Kutu, this weekend it's Bukit Belachan. The next two weekends climb will be Bukit Broga and Gunung Angsi. He wants to be the oldest person to climb Gunung Tahan when his 70 years old.

It reminds me of one of my earlier post, Are you a carrot, an egg or coffee?... about how we react towards adversity. Everyone of us face some kind of adversity in the journey of life before we face our Creator. Adversity and challenges are what makes life journey memorable. It's God's reminder to us about our weaknesses, about conquering our pride and about having faith in His Greatness.

So what's my excuse...have a great weekend guys

0 comments:

Recent Visitors

myspace statistics
Sweet Harvest Nut

blogger templates | Make Money Online